30 July 2022

 Book Log 2022 #37: You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero

So another genre I don't normally read that I've had to dip into for reading challenges is self-help. I wound up picking this for the most recent challenge as the title was amusing. I found the book less so. Some of it is motivational, but then there's a lot about manifesting things and becoming a life coach. I suppose there are people for whom this is the right book to get their life jump started. I'm not one of them.

I don't know if my reaction is specific to this book or to the genre as a whole. I suppose I might find out the next time I'm forced to read a self-help book.

No comments:

 Book Log Extra: New York Times 100 Best Books of the 21st Century The New York Times  took a break from trying to get Joe Biden to drop out...