15 January 2006

Yeah, five turnovers. That'll derail your playoff hopes pretty quickly. There were other problems, but I don't think you have to go too far past the turnover stat to see where this game turned.

What I do find interesting is the "end of the dynasty" talk. Granted that the Pats' dynasty has a different feel to those of the Steelers, Niners, or Cowboys, but without any material changes in sight - and with an off-season that will hopefully see full health for Bruschi, Dillon, and about a half-dozen DBs - the Pats should still be an elite team when things kick off for them again in September. If you saw any of the post-game interviews, some idiot nearly got himself killed asking Brushci about the Pats' ability to compete next year. Tedy's intensity certainly isn't injured.

Now that we're out of it, I have to determine an official rooting interest, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be a NFC team. It can't be Denver; not just for last night, but for all of the losses to Denver over the years (I took great pleasure in their 55-10 Super Bowl loss to the Niners). I could get behind Pittsburgh, I suppose. I am similarly ambivalent about Seattle - doesn't help that their QB went to that school in Newton. I could get behind either Carolina or the Bears.

Barely related to this, I have to say that I hate the Coors Light ad where they show clips from Super Bowls past while insering the "Silver Bullet" train and stupid period references (like they guy with the Michael Jackson vest and high top fade) to hawk their cheap, watery product. Still not as bad as the sub-moronic Bud Light ads with that "stunt" guy who does things like stay at work until two minutes past five - on a Friday. I know, stupid ads for crap beer, I might as well get mad at the sun for setting in the west.

1 comment:

Matt Bruce said...

Worst commercial bar none is the one that butchers classic NFL footage by replacing Steve Young with a corporate mascot.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...