30 December 2008

Book Log 2008 #54: Getting into Guinness by Larry Olmstead

Part history, part how-to guide, part critique, this book probably tries to be too much without ever really being any one thing. Still, what is presented is entertaining and, in the case of the critique, pretty enlightening. The tension between an interest and even a love for the book and the way it is currently being marketed (and perhaps mismanaged) is clearly shown, and keeps the book on an even keel. If you were ever interested in the book it's worth a browse.

(Quick aside, I'm clearing the decks of all the log entries I've not completed, so my apologies for the string of short, half-remembered thoughts about books I've read in the last six weeks.)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...