01 May 2009

If the doctors are to be believed, we're less than three weeks away from the arrival of Little Coen. So it's time for everyone to get in the pool!

The Blogalicious Baby Pool

Very simple, five questions:

1. What will be the baby's gender?

An important but simple question, given the binary nature of things, and thus worth 10 points. To help you handicap, here are the results of various gender-predictors:

Chinese Baby Gender Chart - girl if I did the Chinese age thing correctly. Using the wife's actual age, it's a boy.
Heart Rate - inconclusive, I think, as the heart rate was routinely above 140 early in the pregnancy but is now just below.
Old Wives Tales Quiz - came up 53-47 that we're having a girl, though I did it once before and it was 60-40 for a boy, so I may have changed one of the answers by mistake.
Another Test - says 77 percent chance it's a boy.
Childbirth.org - their test says 52-47 girl, though there were a couple questions I couldn't answer.

2. What day will the baby be born?

Pretty straightforward, 20 points if you're right, 1 point off for each day you miss by. We've been given a due date of May 19. Past history is inconclusive; the wife was born three weeks early and was her mom's first child, while I, as my mom's fourth, was pretty much on time.

3. What time will the baby be born?

Also straightforward, guess a time and if you're within the hour you'll get 20 points, with 1 point off for each half hour you're off by. And while I don't think the information is of much help, I can tell you that I was a mid-afternoon baby, while the wife was mid-morning.

4. What will be the baby's weight?

Entries here should be in pounds and ounces, with 20 points available if you're spot on, losing a point thereafter for each ounce you're off. Our last weight estimation, which was about three weeks ago, had the kid at 7 pounds, 1 ounce. I came in a six pounds even, the wife below that.

5. What will be the baby's length?

The guess here should be in inches, with 20 points if within one inch, losing a point for each inch you're off from there. The wife was in the high teens, while I think I was 24 inches long, though that looks too long to me.

Anyway, send your entry along or post in the comments. Good luck!

6 comments:

Greg said...

female
5/15
5:15 p.m. (got the Who going through my head this morning, I can't explain...)
7 lbs 12 oz.
21.5 inches

Salome said...

girl
May 16
9:56 p.m.
7lbs 14 oz.
20 inches

MIke B. said...

male
5/17
5:15 am
8 lbs. even
21 inches

Anonymous said...

Male
5/18
3:23am (get use to the sleepless nights from Day 1)
9lbs
20inches

-OTC

Greg said...

Question: is there an overdue date at which point you say, "Screw this, we're inducing"?

Godboy said...

"Screw this, we're inducing"

Some would call that redundant. ;)

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...