13 July 2010

I have been to exactly 100 of the 1000 places to go in Massachusetts, though I have to admit that it's been a while since I've been to some of them (for example, my lone visit to the Wenham Museum came as part of a grade school field trip). I will spare you a recounting of the other 99, other than to say I've not made it to two of the Beverly sites and one of the Manchester sites, which I should probably rectify at some point.

I will say that knocking off the other 900 sites seems like just the sort of thing I can torture current and future children with. It will be a sad Monday when they tell their school chums that they spent the weekend marveling at the likes of the Worthington Historic District.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

You may not realize it, but you have at least seen the Paul Bunyan statue in Bellingham, as it's the "wood chopping guy" of "directions to Allyson and Matt's reception" fame.

I have not yet counted how many places I've been, but I bet it's not close to your tally.

Greg said...

I dislike how things get double-counted (the Freedom Trail and then all the spots on it; Skinner Park and the Summit House there).

I do however like that I have seen none of the things listed in Braintree and Quincy, after lo these 20+ years.

Oh look, your commonwealth has a Paul Bunyan statue! How quaint.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...