02 March 2011

Book Log 2011 #4: The Great Typo Hunt by Jeff Deck and Benjamin D. Herson

This was, in theory, a book right up my alley. Two guys road trip to correct typographical errors in public signage, and along the way help everyone improve their grammar and learn something about America. It reminded me of One Red Paperclip, albeit with less of a financial reward at the end.

The only problem was that I couldn't get past the writing, which never found an adjective it didn't want to cram into a sentence to make it more descriptive. In some cases the excess verbiage was probably not the right word to use. This quickly went from annoying to unbearable, and I bailed. I didn't even make it to the start of the road trip.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Excess verbiage makes baby Jesus cry.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...