31 January 2015

Book Log 2015 #4: Brick by Brick by David Robertson

Confession time: I picked this book up thinking it was a history of Lego rather than an examination of how the company almost innovated itself out of business and then innovated its way back to the top. I didn't finish the book, and skimmed the more business-heavy sections, but got the general idea that innovation for innovation's sake is bad, while innovating while staying true to your core values and honoring your relationships with customers and retailers is good.

There were significant parts of the book about the company's history and product lines, and these I enjoyed quite a bit. So in the end I did enjoy the book, but it's probably more enjoyable if you're actually interested in the business end of things.

(Popsugar Reading Challenge: A non-fiction book)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...