15 September 2018

 Book Log 2018 #35: Foundation by Isaac Asimov


I'd been meaning to check this out for years, and when I finally got to it I was... underwhelmed? Not sure if that's actually it, but I did have an incredibly hard time getting into the book, and subsequently found it hard to keep the people and events straight. 

The book started out as a series of short stories, so perhaps there's a continuity issue that I couldn't quite overcome. It's probably worth taking another crack at. I did like the premise of the book - man discovers through a field of study he created that the Galactic Empire is failing, and the powers that be punish him for it - and have liked the other Asimov books I've read. The original trilogy won a Hugo Award for best all-time series, so I'm tempted to think the problem is with me. 

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...