01 June 2019

 Book Log 2019 #19: Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders

In 1862, 11 year old Willie Lincoln died after contracting typhoid fever. He was interred at a cemetery in Georgetown, and Abraham Lincoln reportedly visited his crypt often. It's from this start that we get a story of how Willie's soul is in peril, and may be potentially stuck in this transitional space between death and whatever comes after death known as the bardo.

I don't think any explanation I can give here is going to do this book justice (not to mention it's been too long since I've read it to comment on it accurately). So I'm just going to recommend it highly.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...