19 July 2020

 Book Log 2020 #43: The Human Division by John Scalzi

The fifth novel in the Old Man's War series is actually a collection of stories orginally published electronically. They chronicle the aftermath of The Last Colony, with Earth learing everything that the Colonial Union hasn't told them and mulling becoming part of the Convlave, the alliance of planets that has been fighting the CU.  The crisis threatens both Earth and the future of all the colonzied worlds that the CU started.

My only issue with this book is that I keep getting confused between the novel and the various stories. I'll see references to a Human Division "series," think that there are more books coming, and relearn that "series" refers to the stories in this book. At some point I'll actually remember that.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...