26 September 2020

 Book Log 2020 #56: Victim 2117 by Jussi Adler-Olsen

As the migrant crisis in Europe continues to grow, a Danish newspaper shows a photo of someone only identified as Victim 2117, the number standing for how many migrants have died in the Mediterranean Sea trying to get to Europe. The photo has deeper meaning for three people - a Danish teen with an urge to kill, a terrorist for whom this marks a step in a years-long plot, and Department Q's own Assad. For Assad the body brings up issues from his mysterious past, which he'll now have to address.


I don't know if I liked this book as much as the earlier entries in the series - I feel like the newer books downplay the psychological aspects of the cold cases for more action - but I did like the book generally. I was glad to get more of Assad's story, which made him more of a fully realzied character and less of the goofy sidekick. 

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...