03 April 2021

 Book Log 2021 #18: The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey

A Marine returns to the American southwest after serving in Vietnam, only to find that developers and other business types are threatening to ruin the region's solitude and natural beauty. He teams up with a motley crew of like-minded misfits to commit eco-sabotage against road projects, dams, and other intrusions of the built environment on the natural environment.

This is the sort of book that I should like, but I didn't. It never quite came together for me. In retrospect I had similar feelings towards this book as I did for Cat's Cradle. Don't know if there's a shared writing style that I don't get, or if both books use a style of humor that doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...