06 October 2008

The Blogalicious College Football Games of the Week

Tuesday - Troy at Florida Atlantic. More mid-week love for the Sun Belt Conference, who is to ESPN2 what the Big East is to the mothership. The Owls tripped me up last week, so this week I am obligated not to take them so they can screw things up for me again. Score: Troy 27, FAU 10

Thursday - Clemson at Wake Forest. Wait, there isn't some MAC-WAC paddywhack we can get for Wednesday? Or does paddywhack more describe what Notre Dame is in for this week against UNC? Either way, Clemson is marginally lucky to be playing the second-best college football team in North Carolina this week. They may still be in this game at halftime. Score: Wake Forest 27, Clemson 6

Friday - Louisville at Memphis. Dick Vitale is sitting by the phone wondering why he hasn't been called to cover this game. Score: Louisville 38, Memphis 9

Saturday (early) - Texas at Oklahoma. Well, not really at Oklahoma as the game's being played in Dallas, which I'd think is unfair to the Sooners if they weren't the best team in the country and if Texas wasn't overrated (their 5 wins: FAU, UTEP, Rice, Arkansas, Colorado). Oklahoma at least played one ranked team (TCU was #24 when they faced off). I look forward to a Big XII title game where the winner here and Missouri combine for 1400 yards. Score: Oklahoma 37, Texas 28

Saturday (mid-afternoon) -
Michigan State at Northwestern. If the Wildcats are going to shore up their claim of being the Vanderbilt of the Big 10, it starts here. But I have a feeling it'll stop here, though as it's the Big 10 the Spartans could lose by 30 just as easily. Score: Michigan State 17, Northwestern 15

Saturday (night) - LSU at Florida. I really need the Gators to lose here, as (a) I'm sick of them skulking around the BCS picture, and (b) it'd he highly entertaining if they were ranked lower than Vandy (or not at all!) when they take on the Commodores in November. I am slightly less sick of LSU hanging around, if only because I take warped pleasure out of James Carville trying to talk football. Score: LSU 23, Florida 18

Sunday
- Louisiana Tech at Hawaii. I was all set to talk smack about the (Rainbow) Warriors, except that they beat Fresno State last week. Still not going to stay up for this thing, which is good as there doesn't appear to be a local outlet showing the game. Score: Hawaii 20, Louisiana Tech 2

Last week: 4-3
Season: 19-15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to think you pick one school to score a safety every week just to make me chuckle. :)

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...