22 October 2008

For those of you who are looking for one more thing to drive you to distraction on election night, I've created a little prediction game.

Point yourself here to get a copy of the spreadsheet, and get your completed predictions to me by 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, November 3. If I've screwed anything up, feel free to note it in the comments for my public shaming and eventual correction. The winner will get a prize, by which I mean something I'll find at home that can be easily mailed or hand-delivered the next time I see the winner.

7 comments:

Craig Barker said...

Mark, this is freaking me out:
Look at the time splits on your post and this post
http://cdbarker.blogspot.com/2008/10/thought-for-day-spicing-up-first.html

It's like we had the same essential idea at the same essential moment.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Apparently this election has some power over the space-time continuum. We may want to stock up on bottled water and canned goods in case its power grows.

Anonymous said...

I think we're all a bit wary of the prize possibilities. Because while it might be difficult to mail a "trophy" made of free AOL CDs, butter-esque product tubs and soda bottles, I would bet it's easy to mail something like a sneaker nailed to a board or a fish glued to a plate (which we still have -- it somehow survived both the move 4 years ago and the purge of stuff from what is now Ted's room but was once our spare room).

Mark said...

Glad to hear the fish survives. I look forward to your great-great-great-great-grandchildren taking it to Space Antiques Roadshow to figure out what the hell it is.

Anonymous said...

I assume GU is supposed to be IA?

Mark said...

No, GU is Guam. They're having a straw poll and I needed them to make the thing an even 200 points. I managed to forget Iowa, apparently.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...