23 August 2010

Book Log 2010 #28:Salt by Mark Kurlansky

I'm a little torn about this book, as it's interesting and well written. It just may be a little too well written, as it takes great pains to present the story of salt from a large variety of historical and cultural viewpoints. It gets a little exhausting, and reminds me that one of the things I liked about Cod was its brevity. Granted, that was likely partly be necessity (I'm assuming there's not a lot of cod-related source material out there), but I thought the shorter length gave the story more impact.

Anyway, worth reading, certainly.

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Salt is among Matt's favorite books. My sister's Amazon recommendations got all kinds of dorked out after she bought it for him for Christmas one year.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...