24 January 2011

OK, I say I'm going to post more here and then promptly disappear for a little over three weeks. So much for my New Year's cyber-resolution.

So what brings me back, if not to run a bunch of Book Logs by you? It's the news that Harvard's Hasty Pudding Club has tabbed Jay Leon as their man of the year. Jay Leno. Who wheedled his way back into hosting the Tonight Show, ousting Conan O'Brien. Who is a Harvard alumnus.

Maybe Conan pissed off the Hasty Pudding crowd when he was a student. Maybe he doesn't like dressing in drag. Maybe he called them out on having awards shows that are about as funny as Leno's work for NBC. Don't know.

I can't say I care greatly about this "honor" - to my eyes it doesn't do more than get the club some TV time and screw up Cambridge traffic - but the timing of the thing seems suspicious.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...