10 June 2014

Book Log 2014 #4: The Fire Witness by Lars Kepler

I didn't realize how much I'd been putting off the Book Log until I noticed we were nearing the halfway point of the year and I'd logged all of three books. Time for some catch up in the form of talking about books I vaguely remember.


This is the latest in the series featuring Joona Linna, who is investigating a gruesome pair of murders at a home for troubled girls. Progress on the case is slow, but picks up when a woman claiming to be a medium - or who had at least been pretending to be one in order to earn some spare cash - has a vision about the case.

I find I've liked each of the books in this series more than the first, and that holds here. There's a good balance between the formal investigation and the involvement of the medium, and we get more background as to how Linna wound up in Sweden and what happened to his family, which appears to be setting up the next book in the series (which looks like will be released in the US this August).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...