29 December 2014

Book Log 2014 #35: Everything I Ever Needed to Know About _____* I Learned from Monty Python by Brian Cogan and Jeff Massey

This book seeks to explain the wide variety of serious subjects that Monty Python referenced in its TV show and movies. And there are many, many subjects to cover, not surprising given the Oxbridge background of the Pythons.

The problem is that exhaustive can often be exhausting, and I found that happened pretty quickly. The first major subject tackled is philosophy, and about halfway through covering all of the subtopics I found that I was spending more time thinking about the skits and scenes than the book. So this may be better read as a reference while actually watching Python than read cover to cover.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...