19 August 2015

Book Log 2015 #20: The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell 

A girl runs away from her home in 1980s London and becomes involved in a supernatural battle between two groups of immortals in which regular humans (the "bone clocks" of the title) are either semi-willing supporters or a kind of food source. We follow the girl throughout her life, up to an old age where scarce resources is driving civilization to the edge, but with the occasional insertion into a war where she may be the key to victory.

I had similar feelings about this book as I did Cloud Atlas- I enjoyed it a great deal but felt like I was missing something. It could just be that I'm still not used to Mitchell's style of writing, which merges timelines and dimensions seamlessly.  Getting used to it won't be the worst thing in the world.

(Popsugar Reading Challenge: book with more than 500 pages, a book with magic)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...