13 November 2015

Book Log 2015 #31: The Westing Game by Ellen Rankin

So the Popsugar reading challenge that I've been trying to finish includes a book from your childhood, and as I had fond memories of the book I thought I'd go back and see how it holds up.

I'm happy to say it held up pretty well, even for generally remembering how it ends. In some respects it may befuddle young readers now - why is Turtle listening to a radio to get stock quotes when she can get them on her phone? - but the core mystery will still engage.

One thing that threw me was that I thought this book was dotted with footnotes. I apparently confused this with another Rankin book, The Mysterious Disappearance of Leon (I Mean Noel), which I now think I have to read as well.

(Popsugar Reading Challenge: A book from your childhood)

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...