30 November 2017

Book Log 2017 #5: Champion of the World by Chad Dundas

I'm not much of a wrestling fan, and even after hearing an interesting piece about this book on the NPR sports radio show Only a Game I wasn't thinking too much about picking it up. But then I hit a patch where everything I wanted wasn't available on Overdrive, so I decided to give this book a try.

I'm glad I did. While it's set in the world of wrestling, you do not need to have much of an affinity for it to get into the story, which is really about things like redemption and adapting to change in order to secure a future for yourself and your loved ones.  It also doesn't hurt that the characters and settings are extremely colorful. Of course, if you do like wrestling then the book is going to be just that much better.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...