07 January 2018

Book Log 2018 #1: The Infidel Stain by M. J. Carter

I really enjoyed Carter's first novel, The Strangling Vine (which I apparently didn't log), a mystery set in colonial India featuring a low-level officer of the British East India company and a special investigator who appears to have gone native. I apparently liked this one quite a bit, too - I gave it four stars on Goodreads - but I have a vague feeling I liked it less (as with most of 2017, I'm posting this well after the actual read date). It's set three years after the first book, and back in England. Maybe I was less happy about the change of scenery.

I was surprised to see that there was a title change (you'll see that if you click on the link), and have no idea if it's an improvement or not. I also see that there's a third book, which goes on my list of books to read.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...