30 January 2018

Book Log 2018 #4: Birthdays for the Dead by Stuart MacBride

Ash Henderson is a police detective with a secret. His daughter was taken by a kidnapper known as the the Birthday Boy, who snatches girls around their 13th birthdays, and then sends the family a photo of their daughter in various states of distress every year on the girl's birthday. But he's not told his colleagues, as if they knew that his daughter wasn't just a runaway they would take him off the case.

I picked this up because I liked MacBride's series with Logan MacRae and was having trouble finding the newer books at the library (there should be a law that if a library starts carrying a series they need to have at least one copy of each book in the series). I don't remember much about the book (writing this well after reading), but it was probably fine. I've not bothered to read any additional books in the series, though, so take from that what you will. I don't even recall looking for the next book, so it's not like I can blame the library for not following up.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...