03 December 2018

 Book Log 2018 #49: Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell

It's a murderous road trip, as Vowell goes across America to visit sites related to political killings, both to reflect on the history and how these events were used to manipulate politics and popular culture. 

This should be right up my alley, and I mostly enjoyed it, but I never fully connected with the book. Not sure why, it was interesting and often funny (moreso than you might expect from the subject), but I rarely felt like I was engaged to the level I usually am when reading. 

That being said, I do recommend it, especially if you have an interest in US history and/or politics. It's also not a particularly long book, so if you encounter the same issue I did it's easy enough to stick with it until the end.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...