14 April 2019

 Book Log 2019 #11: Death's End by Cixin Liu

I'm not sure how to describe this, the last book in The Three Body Problem trilogy. Trisolaris and Earth have an unsteady peace, set when Earth threatened to broadcast the location of Trisolaris to the universe, putting them in jeopardy of being invaded by some other alien civilization. This works - for a while. And when it doesn't work, it really doesn't work. 

I think I had more moments of "what the hell is going on here" with this book than the other two, which speaks more to my ability to grasp concepts than any defect with the writing or translation (I also should have taken more time in reading, but it was hard to slow down, even when I was a bit lost). It's a fitting end to the trilogy, not a particularly uplifting one but true to the events and narrative of the whole.


No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...