05 October 2020

 Book Log 2020 #59: I Hear the Sirens in the Street by Adrian McKinty

Still processing the personal and professional fallout from his last case, Sean Duffy gets assigned to what amounts to a portable locked room mystery: identifying a torso that was found in a suitcase. This being the early 1980s there's no DNA testing available, but luckily the torso still bears a tattoo, which is enough for Duffy to start figuring out who the torso is and who packed the suitcase.

I hadn't planned on returning to this series so quickly, but am glad I did.  The story is as interesting and engaging as the first one, and adds in Duffy's examination of his personal and emotional state. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...