14 November 2001

My last entry seemed to touch a cord, as both of my known regulars have commented on it, one in an email, and the other from a link on his own blog (which I'd link to here, except that I'm a moron). I wasn't expecting such feedback, and I have to admit it was a pretty nice ego boost.

The problem comes, of course, with following up. To use a baseball analogy, you can't hit a home run every time you're at the plate. So I suppose the answer may be to just let it flow, and take the whiffs with the dingers. I'm sure there's a more appropriate non-sports analogy I could use, but I like this one.

This situation also gives me a chance to plug one of my favorite books, Complete and Utter Failure by Neil Steinberg. In it there's a section on folks who peak early and fall to obscurity. I don't think I'm quite in the league of those mentioned there, but personally I hope that I can write more like I did on Sunday and less like, well, usual.

Anyway, moving to more typical topics, the Patriots' win on Sunday was both gratifying and worrisome. Gratifying in that the team is above .500, and Antowain Smith helped propel my fantasy football team to the same record. Worrisome in that if they only beat Buffalo by 10, what are our odds against St. Louis and New Orleans. I can only hope we get an honest to God winter night on Sunday, as that should slow the Rams down enough to keep things close.

Pointless stat for the day: since 1998, the Pats are 7-10 against teams from place names with more than one word in them.

More later!

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...