16 November 2001

There is something seriously wrong with the weather.

The Boston Globe's website currently lists the temperature in Boston at 69 degrees. SIXTY NINE DEGREES! It is November 16, 2001. This is not right.

I suppose I should revel in this very late spurt of Indian Summer, but it only confirms my belief that we're on the brink of really doing some serious damage to this planet. I remember growing up and having nuclear war be the big threat. The big difference here is that we can take apart nuclear weapons (see this week's summit between Bush and Putin). We can't do that with whatever has me walking around without a coat less than a week before Thanksgiving.

Not that this is unprecedented. I remember going to BU when I was in junior high to see the high school play for the eastern Massachusetts football title (divison 5, then the smallest). It was over 70 that day, the first Saturday in December. I certainly didn't worry then, but I suppose I knew less. There is something to be said for knowing just enough to be dangerous.

If anyone from the UN is reading, can you do something about this? You guys control the weather, right? And if not, what the hell is taking so long? We pay good money for you to start taking over the planet.

In an unrelated note, happy Ramadan if you're celebrating it. Sorry about the bombs. Perhaps what's left of the Taliban can help put an end to them by turning over you know who.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...