24 June 2002

Oh, yeah, World Cup semis. Let's see how bad I can screw this up.

South Korea v. Germany Should be a lot like the German's last game, with their size against the Koreans' speed. I'm going for size this time, especially given that the Koreans have gone to OT their last two games.

And is it me, or has the schedule been changing to keep the Koreans in Korea each round? I could have sworn that this game was to be played in Japan. I suppose they want the host to play in their own country as long as possible, but if you've got a schedule you should stick to it.

In any event, Germans 2-1.

Brazil v. Turkey First round rematch, which Brazil took 2-1. Turkey played well in that match, and if they can get the Brazilians to make the same mistakes this time around, they've got a shot. Play maker Ronaldinho (apologies if I've misspelled) is out for this game, but Brazil's so deep it may not matter.

Just to be a pain I'm going to say 1-0 Turkey on a golden goal by Hasan Sas. It beats any analysis I could try to come up with.

No comments:

Lentorama 2024: Clerical Crime Solvers Day 40: Cadfael Born in Wales, Cadfael left home to become as servant to a wool merchant in the Engli...