13 November 2002

Finished my TV catching up from last year by watching the last two hours of 24 last night (rented the final DVD rather than tried to find our tape, as it's probably buried or been recorded over). In some ways the promos for this season set us up a bit - Hey, where's Teri Bauer?- and I had a vague understanding of how things ended, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I will say that Sarah was much more irate at the ending than I was, though I felt it was kind of a cheap shot. There was an alternate ending with producer commentary, in which it was explained that the ending they used felt right to them, and underscored the idea that there's no predicting what'll happen on the show. As if the previous 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 48 seconds didn't get that point across.

Then again, it was better than another bout of amnesia.

I'd like to make special note of Penny Johnson Jerald, who played Sherry Palmer. She was like a mix of Nancy Reagan, Hillary Clinton, and Lady Macbeth, but without the charm. You may also remember her from her recurring role as frieghter captain Cassidy Yates on Deep Space 9. And, of course, I'd be remiss to not give props to Homicide alum Zeljko Ivanek, who played Andre Drazen. I'll never look at Ed Danvers in quite the same way again.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...