21 December 2002

We're heading out for the airport (or, more correctly, the shuttle bus to the airport) in a few hours. This would be exciting except for one thing.

I've lost my tie.

The suit I'm wearing for the wedding is green, and I have a green tie that I bought with the suit. I took the tie yesterday and, so I think, put it over a door handle to give it a chance to hang for a while. That's the last time I saw it.

I know, I can get another tie, but it's the principle of the thing. Just as you don't walk away from a slow elevator because you don't want to let it win, I don't want to give up on the tie. I have a feeling that it was stuffed in a corner somewhere during a fit of cleaning (not by me!), and won't turn up until April sometime.

Anyway, this will probably be that last post for the year, so best wishes for the holidays. And if the holidays don't cheer you up, at least science has cleared up this grave danger to humanity.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...