13 July 2005

While I think we've heard this before, the NHL may finally be back. The league and the NHLPA have hammered out an agreement that, if ratified by the players, will put the teams back on the ice.

I should care more about this than I actually do, but college hockey has pretty well eroded my interest in the NHL. Even so, I ranked it fairly high on ESPN.com's poll where you had to rank 16 "sports" (more like a combo of sports and leagues). The NHL was doing pretty well, fourth out of 16, though I'm sure there's some sort of self-selection bias at work.

Unrelated to hockey, I'm a little surprised that after 2 and a half years of retooling, the Space Shuttle folks didn't notice that Discovery's fuel gauge didn't work. If they'd only subcontracted work out to Mr. Goodwrench.

1 comment:

Paul Crowley said...

Yeah. No offense. Everyone knows I love college hockey and in the absence of any major professional hockey in the ice mecca of Canada, I've taken quite a liking to junior hockey (think college intensity with fighting allowed); but, I'm very glad the pros will be back. Not only because I like the game, but so the local talk radio can talk about something other than when the lockout will end :-) I hope when they set out the league schedules they don't skip a cycle. The B's last played their annual game with the Canucks in Boston, so they're due out here in Vancouver. I'm dying to watch a Bruins game. BTW - you caught it here first - BU terriers hockey ( recruiting class of 2018) - Matthew Crowley (he starts Novice Hockey in September)!

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...