06 September 2005

I really don't have much to say, but figure it's been a while so I should at least check in.

The long weekend was a little shorter for me, as I had to work on Sunday given that upperclasspeople were coming back. Turns out those that did didn't want to rush their student service needs, so it was pretty quiet and I got out early. So I can't complain all that much.

Saturday was full of domestic minutae (oil change, shopping for odds and ends), while Labor Day was actually pretty labor intensive (cleaning prior to having houseguests). Did get the chance to go to New Hampshire to visit family for a while, which was nice. It was a beautiful weekend, which I sadly didn't get to enjoy as much as I'd like.

Undoubtedly, it'll snow next week.

I've been trying to follow the aftermath of Katrina, and have come up with two conclusions regarding the death and destruction:

1. It's everyone's fault.
2. It's no one's fault.

I mean, when you have a Category 4 storm hit levees that are meant to withstand up to Category 3 storms, all of the planning in the world may not help you.

And while I'm leery to wade into the rush to judgement, I do think that having a FEMA director with qualifications somewhat more in line with emergency management than being an executive in the International Arabian Horse Association would be a good idea.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...