02 September 2005

So for all my inability to name all the Whig presidents or figure out the length of a regulation bowling alley, I did get some news this week regarding my ability to answer questions: my MTEL results.

Communication and Literacy Skills

Reading Subtest

Miniumum Passing Score: 70
My Score: 97

Writing Subtest

Minimum Passing Score: 70
My Score: 97

Health Education Subject Test

Minimum Passing Score: 70
My Score: 100

While I liked the twin 97s, I did feel like I'd done well on that test. The 100 on the health test, though, that surprised me. I know the tests are scaled, but I didn't figure on that.

Interrestingly, when each test was broken down into specific areas, the area where I did the least well was on study skills. Which seems appropriate, given that mine deviate pretty broadly from what everyone is told to do. But they work for me, and I suppose these results underscore that.

This all leads to the "now what?" question, which is a good one. I do appear to be qualified for an initial licence (which requires passing the tests and having a BA), but I'm not sure what I'd do with it, especially as I've just started something that, so far, I like. Something to think about.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...