11 September 2006

So I went back to last year's blog to see how I'd marked this day, and it turns out I did so by not posting at all. I was on vacation, and didn't post until September 16. Odd thing is, several of the items I posted on that day would work for today as well (and, with apologies, they're all football related):

* Happy that Pats won opener, albeit in sluggish fashion. Hope for more running by Corey Dillon now increased as he's on my fantasy team.

* Won my first FFL game of the season again (OK, it's not official, but I'd need Antonio Gates and Chris Cooley to score a combined -13 points to lose, which is possible but highly unlikely). Unlike 2005, where an opening day win equaled one-quarter of the previous year's wins, taking the first game this year equals one-third of last year's total.

I don't like the direction that's headed in.

I was going to note how both opening wins were against the same team, but it appears that the 2005 and 2006 schedules are identical. Note to self for next year to mix it up... but keep the same opening game (sorry, Salome).

* Notre Dame opens 2-0, is in the top 10, and I think they're a bit overrated. That team in Chestnut Hill also gets ranked after opening 2-0, though this time around it's a little more warranted, as they beat a ranked team.

* Temple still needs to drop to 1-AA.

Differences: Ohio State beats Texas, and I manage to pick all winning teams in the cut-throat/eliminator games I participate in.

Not sure if this level of similarity is sad or pathetic. Or why limit myself when it could be both?

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...