06 December 2007

Book Log 2007 #55: House Thinking by Winifred Gallagher

I made it through the first chapter of this room-by-room examination of the modern home, but couldn't go on. I am clearly not someone who finds value in the psychology of design and architecture. Which in way is too bad, as some of the later chapters appear to help explain McMansions, a trend that I've never quite been able to understand outside of bigger equaling better. I've also read in a review that at one point she refers to MTV's Cribs as a children's show, so perhaps looking to her for guidance isn't such as good idea (of course she may have meant this ironically, or in reference to the maturity level of the average Cribs subject).

Anyway, not for me.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...