09 December 2007

A quick one-handed update: had surgery on Friday, seems to have gone well. I got into the hospital at 6:30 and was home by 11, and likely would have been out earlier if my doctor hadn't been late (a rarity for him, from what the other docs were saying). I remember very little thanks to the sedation. I do recall not feeling my left arm at one point, which would have been pretty disconcerting under normal circumstances.

For the next week to 10 days I'll have my left index and middle finger at rougly a 90 degree angle to my palm, so as to not put tension on the nerve. It's not particularly comfortable, but it could be worse. I do have a sling I'm supposed to wear, but around the house I've mosly just been keeping it elevated.

Otherwise, it's pretty similar to the first few days I had the brace with the original stitches. I'll try not to kill myself buttoning my pants.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope everything heals just like new and you're feeling better soon, Mark!

And take those pain meds when you need them. Having recently had successful repairs to a part of my body that by definition does not go into a sling unless you're in big trouble, I swear by them. Or at least they kept me from swearing too much during the week or so when I had to use them.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...