11 April 2008

While some use the term Hockey Christmas in reference to the Frozen Four, last night's results made it more like Hockey Whatever Holiday Involves Repeated Knees to the Groin. I thankfully did not see much of the first game (got a score early in the third period and turned it off), and watched enough of the second to be both irritated at Notre Dame at blowing a 3-0 lead and Michigan for not getting to the final, as I'd assumed they'd be a more daunting opponent for that other team.

In any case, the final tally:

Coen, M 13
Nichols 13
Barker 12
De Veau 12
Hight 12
Burger 11
Rosenberg 11
Sorenson 11
Bruce 9
Boggie 7
Coen, S 6

I win on the first tiebreak, as I correctly guessed 8 games, and Kelly only picked 7.

So all of this sets up what seems to be the national title game of haterade for most folks. I, of course, will be rooting for Notre Dame, but I can understand that some of you may not be able to do this. I just ask that you not root for that other team, if possible.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Did you not get my bracket? It's just as well, since I don't think I got any points past the first round.

Greg said...

Also, as I said elsewhere: while this would normally be a hateful matchup, I'd be fine with a Notre Dame championship. Jackson's a good guy, and they're the only team with a shot at generating some interest in college hockey in Chicago.

Mark said...

So here's the danger in Gmail's threaded emails. The bulk of the entries came in as replies to a reminder email or afterwards. So you, the first person to actually send in a bracket, got snubbed.

So much for technology bettering our lives.

In any case, I've gone back and scored your bracket, and you finished with 11 points, thanks to calling ND's win over UNH. Sadly, you didn't get an upset from Princeton or misplaced ordinance from disgruntled USAFA fans.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...