04 September 2008

The Blogalicious College Football Games of the Week

Thursday - South Carolina at Vanderbilt. I was leaning towards the clash between Nicholls State and New Mexico State, but that got postponed what with the hurricane and all. I'm guessing because the Nicholls State folks didn't want to get stuck in Las Cruces. I think I'd rather take my chances with the storm surge, too.

As for the game being played, South Carolina is tuning up for Georgia next week, and might be looking past this game. Vandy is playing Rice next week, and maybe will be looking forward too much for next week, when everyone will get to play. Score: South Carolina 23, Vandy 15

Friday - Navy at Ball State. There may be more rushing touchdowns than passing attempts in this game. The Fightin' Lettermans are a perfect 2-0 against the Middies, but I don't think three will be the charm. Score: Navy 35, Ball St. 24

Saturday (early) - Southern Miss at Auburn. Maybe the Tigers/War Eagles will do us all a favor and have their crippling loss early this year. It's the football equivalent of doing your Christmas shopping in October. Both teams feasted on schools in the University of Louisiana system last week, so it's not like either team has actual data to look at for this season. I'm pretty sure Auburn used their swim team in the final quarter of their game. Score: Auburn 27, Southern Miss 17

Saturday (mid-afternoon) - San Diego State at Notre Dame. The Aztecs lost to Cal Poly last week. Should the Golden Domers somehow manage to lose this game they should drop football forever. I realize I've just made several new San Diego State fans with that suggestion. Score: Notre Dame 35, SDSU 3

Saturday (night) - Murray State at Indiana. The game the Big Ten Network was created to show. Seriously, this is their prime time game this week. I can't imagine why cable operators wouldn't want to add this to their roster of channels. Score: Indiana 9, Murray State 6

Last week: 1-4
Season: 1-4

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...