12 September 2008

Book Log 2008 #36: The Triumph of Caesar by Steven Saylor

The latest in the Gordianus the Finder series, it picks up with Gordianus back from Egypt, looking forward to spending time with his family when he is thrown into a double investigation into the death of a friend and a potential plot against Julius Caesar (no, not that plot).

That there is a new book is apparently a surprise, as some readers thought Gordianus had died at the end of the previous book. I never thought that, which is either a sign that I'm working on the same level mentally as Saylor or I was just too dense to think that the ending of the book was also the ending of the series. I'm going with the latter.

Another solid and entertaining entry in the series.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...