05 March 2014

I've been having my annual flirtation with not doing Lentorama, but in looking back I've seen I've done it, in one form or another, since 2007. So I kind of feel compelled to do it again.

Lentorama 2014: We're Ready for Your Close-up, Your Holiness

Yup, 40 days about movies featuring a pope, either real or fictional. Let's get started.

Day 1: Apollo 13

So you're probably wondering to yourself, how did Ron Howard squeeze the Pope into his dramatic retelling of this dramatic failed mission to the moon? He pops up in a voice-over where Walter Cronkite says the Pope asked people to pray for the astronauts. Somehow this enough to earn the "pope" keyword on IMDB.

We could be in for a long 40 days.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...