27 February 2021

 Book Log 2021 #11: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

Confession time: prior to reading this, I had never read a Kurt Vonnegut novel. We were never assigned one in high school, and I missed that Vonnegut phase that it seems like so many people go through in their teens and early adulthood. My only experience with Vonnegut was his story "2 B R 0 2 B," which was in a non-Vonnegut anthology of sci-fi stories. It was fine.

And honestly, I had pretty much the same reaction to reading this. It was fine. It was actually a pretty similar response that I had to reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it was fine but didn't quite measure up to what I'd heard about Vonnegut over the years. 

Maybe I just don't jibe with Vonnegut. At some point I'll read another of his books and we'll see.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...