20 March 2021

 Lentorama 2021: Take Your Holiday to Go

Day 30: World Communion Sunday

Originally known as World Wide Communion Sunday), this day (held on the first Sunday in October) was created to give various denominations a chance to revisit the unity of Christianity through the Eucharist. It started in 1933, and in 1936 was adopted as a denomination-wide practice by the US Presbyterian Church. In 1940 it was promoted by what is now the National Council of Churches for celebration worldwide. 

It seems like it's mostly observed by Protestant faiths (which make up the bulk of the NCC), and I have to admit I don't recall it being promoted extensively in my Catholic parish (though I also have to admit I may not have noticed). 

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...