25 August 2002

Days that change your life don't always stand out before they happen. Some do; weddings, for instance. Others just kind of happen. You wake up in the morning, have your expectations for the day, and all of a sudden BAM. The day just took a huge, 180 degree, hairpin turn on Route 2 outside of Williamstown detour.

Yesterday was such a day for me. And it wasn't just surprises. There were some serious changes in the way I look at people, not to mention some questions about fundamental parts of my personality and beliefs.

Paradoxically for someone who's bringing this up on a public space, I'm not going to give the specifics on what caused this change. Suffice it to say it's nothing to do with my health, financial status, well-being, and so on. In most ways I'm the same person I was yesterday. It's just that assumptions and memories I've had from the past are different today than they were yesterday.

Sorry for being both ambiguous and perhaps worrisome at the same time. This'll work itself out over time, just need to process. If I do seem spacey or distracted at times (for those of you who get the non-Web based version of me), it's nothing personal. Thanks.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...