29 August 2002

Just got back from two days in the woods with the Babson RA staff. We had our annual training retreat, kind of a homecoming for me as we were at the Sargent Center for Outdoor Education, known to anyone who went to BU before 1998 (and probably even those since) as Sargent Camp. Did some lower team-building elements, high ropes, and something called the "flying squirrel," which is pretty much ten people hauling another person 30 feet in the air. I spent my time on the ground (mostly) helping the RAs to do this stuff.

Kind of nice to get away and outside of the "Babson bubble," the much-discussed membrane that often traps our students and insulates them from the outside world. It manages to capture those of us who live on, too. Still, it will be nice to sleep in my own bed and use a shower whose head is above eye level.

Oh, and did I mention it rained while we were out on the course this morning? I'm still damp.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...