02 November 2004

While I can't speak for other locations, I can say that voting in ward 2, precincts 1 and 2 in Beverly, Massachusetts is going swimmingly. Having the flexibility to vote in the early afternoon, after lunch and before work lets out, is a real plus. No lines, no lawyers trying to disenfranchise me, and no chads.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure why more locations don't use optical machines. I imagine there's a technology investment to make, but the tech is pretty straightforward. Not to mention that if you've ever had to fill out a form, or went to kindergarten, you understand the single most important principle to voting this way: color in the lines. Even I, as someone who could never stay in the lines in my youth, can get the hang of these ballots.

There's really nothing I can say about the process here, too easy. The benefit of living in a state where the results were never in doubt, if you can call it that.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...