26 March 2005

Good early games on the road to the Frozen Four today. Maine took Minnesota to OT in Minneapolis, and Denver also had to go to an extra frame to knock out Bemidji State.

Not that I got to see either game.

No local cable - NESN, FSNE, or CN8 - carried either game. Now, if lived in college hockey hotbeds like Kansas City, Memphis, Tulsa, Wichita, or Mason City, Iowa, I'd have had some luck. But in suburban Boston, we don't get a game being played in our own state or one involving a Hockey East team.

Not helping is that Comcast hasn't added ESPNU to its offerings. It's not even available as part of their sports pack. Hopefully, other college hockey fans have sent along an email similar to my own, asking when it may join our lineup. Too late for this year, of course.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I subscribed to the Sports Package Time Warner offers, specifically to watch college hockey on Fox Sports Atlantic, Central and West, which pick up from various smaller FS properties.

Only, TW managed to piss off Fox, MSG, and others to such a degree that Fox pulled ALL their sports channels, especially the one's I'm supposedly paying for.

If I had a south-facing window, I'd have rigged up DirecTV dish pointed out the window by now. (I don't think the building would like me putting it on the outside window ledge.)

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...