04 March 2005

It must be a sign of my growing comfort with the dentist that I didn't blog before going in to see him today, as if I were going off to war and needed to say that one last thing before shipping out.

It would also be a sign that I voluntarily took a second appointment today to get more work done to hasten the end of the never-ending root canal.

Our fun today was shaping the tooth (or what's left of it) and getting a temporary crown, with the second trip in to make a mold for the post. I didn't even use any Novacaine, which isn't that surprising when you remember that all the nerves for that tooth are long gone.

Not that it was painless. The dentist's assistant was using a tongue depressor to keep my tongue out of the way, and the end of it was jabbing into the back of my mouth something fierce. I had to get them to stop a couple of times even.

Thankfully, when I go back next week to get the post put in I'll be numbed up so I won't feel the jabbing. I actually get to go twice next week, too, as for some reason I have a cleaning scheduled the day before the post. Not that I'm doing all that much, I suppose.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...