02 March 2005

I'm a little less understanding about the Pats cutting Troy Brown loose than I was regarding Ty Law. Age may be a concern, but given how versatile Brown is, the role he's played with the team, and his willingness to pass up bonus money in taking that role, it seems petty that the team would cut him loose. I know, I shouldn't be surprised at a front office making a cold-hearted business decision. And I suppose I'm not. I'm more disappointed.

As a free agent Brown could still return to the team, but I'm not counting on it. Then again, I could see Brown taking less and returning if the other offers aren't that much higher and are with less successful teams. He seems like a guy who would, after a fashion, value winning above more cash.

Even still, it's a pity I'm even talking about this.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...