31 January 2007

As you may have heard by now, a string of bomb scares in Boston today turned out to be marketing gone horribly wrong. The mysterious packages turned out to be magnetic lights put up for a planned promotion for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. These lights were put up in a number of cities, but apparently we were the only one to find them (or find them and go the bomb squad route).

I'm not sure if I should be happy that we picked up on this, or concerned that these things were up for a couple of weeks before being detected. Given the locations involved, an actual bombing would have screwed up traffic for months. Which is saying something, given how screwed up traffic is already.

And while it's not exactly relevant, this whole thing does remind me a bit of the book Remembrance Day that I read a month or so ago.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...